According to Health Canada, there are over 10,000 ingredients used in personal care products in Canada, EXCLUDING flavours and fragrances. So if on average, we use 7 products a day on our bodies (soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, lotion, moisturizer…you get the idea), and those products each have an average of 15 ingredients, then we expose ourselves to over 100 ingredients per day! That math definitely makes us stop and take notice of what exactly those ingredients are; unfortunately, many of those “ingredients” are chemicals not great for our health.
After months of research and some good, bad and ugly personal testing, we fell in love with The Green Beaver Company. Green Beaver was developed by a couple who have years of experience working in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. They were inspired to develop more natural products after watching their son drinking the bubbles in his bath water, and knowing what he was actually ingesting. We immediately related to that scenario when we recalled our own kids licking the bleach-cleaned fridge or eating the “ice (shaving) cream”, while silently wincing “that can’t be good”. Green Beaver believes in Mother Nature to help us take care of ourselves and we do too.
We love Green Beaver because of their natural approach to product development.
- Green Beaver formulates all of their products without the use of chemicals. They use only natural ingredients that can be eaten. In their words “if it’s not safe to be swallowed, it shouldn’t be on our skin”
- They use only vegan and gluten free ingredients.
- They use wild and organic ingredients harvested on Canadian soil.
- They do NOT use artificial, synthetic, or chemical ingredients. Simply, they do not believe in ingredients that are foreign to the planet’s eco-system and our bodies.
- They do NOT use ingredients derived from petrol. Ingredients derived from petrol are commonly found in conventional personal care products, however, petrol contains many toxic substances that should not be ingested or applied to skin.
- They do NOT test their ingredients or products on animals.
- They use responsible packaging material.
- Reusable and/or recyclable
- Ecologically sound
- And they have just started using vegetable ink on their packaging, in their efforts for continual growth.
The products all smell fabulous, and once you get used to the slightly reduced lather factor you get using natural hair care products, we’re convinced you’ll love this line of personal care. It’s reasonably priced, Canadian-made and has fabulous ingredients.
Visit our Personal Care section to find all of our great Green Beaver products. Every Little Bit carries a variety of Green Beaver products including foaming hand soap, body washes, facial cleansers, facial moisturizer, deodorant, shampoos, conditioners and toothpaste. We also carry their beautiful new Lip Shimmers for a natural hint of colour.